The Wells Branch Library needs volunteers!
Volunteering is a great way to acquire new skills, gain recognized work experience, expand your social horizons, serve in your neighborhood, and more.
It's not just for job experience and community service hours. These are reasons given by our veteran volunteers:
- “It gives me an opportunity to give back to a library where the community is encouraged to visit and utilize the materials.”
- “Meet and work with people who live in the Wells Branch area and elsewhere!”
- “The friendliness of the staff and the opportunity to meet new folks make it all worthwhile.”
- “Being part of it [the Library]!”
Who can volunteer?
Adults and children 14+ may volunteer. If you are interested in helping at the Library, we are interested in you! Volunteers will be selected on the basis of their application, interview, and library needs. Please set up your interview with the Volunteer Coordinator and bring your completed application form.
Court-Ordered Community Service
We currently only accept court-ordered community service for applicants in the 78728 ZIP Code.
*Please note the Library cannot accept “drop-in” volunteers. Volunteering requires a consistent schedule, supervision, and preparation of assignments.
Volunteers are expected to follow the same standards as Library staff. Job assignments may include the following:
- Arts & Crafts Assistant
- Cataloging Specialist
- Circulation Specialist
- Donation's Clerk & Book Sale Assistant
- Landscape Assistant
- Processing Specialist
- Science Lab Assistant
- Shelf Reading Specialist
- Shelving Assistant
- Special Events Assistant
- Story Time Helper
Visit our page on VolunteerMatch to view our current volunteer opportunities!