May 4th - 10th 2015: Screen-Free Week
Stop by the library starting May 1st to take the pledge to only use screens for work or school purposes for a week! Visit the kids desk to take the Screen-Free pledge and pick up an activity log and a button. Throughout the week, find fun screen-free activities to do with your family and friends! Turn in your log after May 10th to collect a certificate and prize!
What is Screen-Free Week? Screen-Free Week is an annual, international celebration when families, schools, and communities swap digital entertainment for the joys of life beyond the screen. Instead of watching TV, surfing the web, or playing with apps and video games, they read, play, think, create, get active, and spend more time with family and friends. For more information, visit: http://www.screenfree.org/
Monday After-School Programs:
Baby Bookworms Storytime
- Interactive storytimes for
babies and toddlers who aren't quite ready for a traditional storytime.
We explore songs and stories, then have social play time.
- Mondays at 10:30am: 0-18 months
- Mondays at 11:15am: 12-24 months
American Girl Book Club
- Explore history through discussing the American Girl series and doing crafts and activities. Read any book about each week's girl.
- 1st & 3rd (and 5th) Mondays at 3:30pm
- May 4th - Julie
- May 18th - American Girl Tea Party (Registration required. Ages 5+)
- This will be the last meeting of the American Girl Book Club.
- Fun after-school LEGO challenges and free-play every other week.
- 2nd & 4th Mondays at 3:30pm
- Last meeting will be May 25th. We will have LEGO Lab on Saturdays at 12:30pm starting June 20th.
SPARK Homeschooling Group: First Tuesday of each month at 10:30am
Engaging side-by-side learning activities for parents and children of ages 2-10 - if interested and needing more information please contact Ashley N White at email@example.com or visit our group site at http://homeschool-life.com/tx/spark
Storytime & Craft: Tuesdays at 6:30pm
- A storytime followed by a simple craft activity for families
with kids of all ages. Seating is limited, tickets are available at the kids desk starting at 6:00pm.
- 5/5 Letter O
5/12 Letter P
5/19 Letter Q
5/26 LIBRARY CLOSED
6/2 Letter R
6/9 *Time Change* Sessions at 6pm & 7pm
Martian Math: Wednesdays from 4:30-5:30pm (Last class will be April 29th. More classes to come in 2015/2016 school year.)
- Martian Math is an out of this world math enrichment class for grades 3rd - 6th. The class will focus on story problems, puzzles and games to give students a fun and hands on approach to math, logic and analytical reasoning. Students will receive 5 to 6 additional problems per class to work on at home.
- Please contact Emily Berver at firstname.lastname@example.org to register and for more information.
Arts & Crafts: Wednesdays at 6:00pm
5/6/2015 Make a Mother's Day card
- Create one-of-a-kind artistic creations with Miss Dianne. Ages
8+ or with an adult. Seating is limited, tickets are available at the
starting at 5:30pm.
5/13/2015 Drawing dinosaurs
5/20/2015 Colored pencil flag parade poster
5/27/2015 LIBRARY CLOSED
6/3 Draw and paint herons
6/10 Fancy starfish or sunflower sunglasses
Toddler & Preschool Storytimes
- Traditional storytimes, intended for toddlers and preschoolers who can sit quietly and listen to 2-3 picture books.
- Fridays at 10:30am: Toddlers 18-36 months
- Fridays at 11:15am: Preschoolers 3-6 years
Saturday Storytime (all ages): Saturdays at 11:00am
Vietnamese Storytime with Miss Linda (all ages): 2nd & 4th Saturdays at 11:00am
Bow Wow Reading Dogs (ages 5+): Saturdays from 12:00pm-1:00pm
Library Resources for Kids
All Wells Branch Community Library users now have access to TumbleBooks - Free, streaming e-books for kids. No log in required, just click the image above or this link: http://www.tumblebooks.com/library/auto_login.asp?U=wellsbranchclib&P=libra
Click here to visit Little Pim http://connect.mangolanguages.com/wells-branch/start?target=/languages%23kids
Library programs are sponsored in part by the Friends of the Wells Branch Community Library.