How to use OverDrive
• The first thing you’ll need to do is log in to your library account through the online catalog.
• Once logged in, select the OverDrive icon shown on the bottom of the catalog page. You’ll be taken to another website, http://ctdl.lib.overdrive.com. This is the homepage of the Central Texas Digital Consortium. OverDrive is the service that checks out the digital materials. We do not handle that process ourselves.
• The Overdrive website has detailed instructions about using the service, including an easy-to-follow tutorial, a quick start guide, and frequently asked questions. We highly recommend reading over these resources before attempting to checkout and download digital materials.
• You will need to install free software on your device before downloading OverDrive digital materials. Links to this free software are located on the Central Texas Digital Consortium homepage. The library does NOT have this software.
o Download and install the OverDrive Media Console, which allows you to check out OverDrive audio, music, and video.
o To check out Adobe ebooks, you’ll also need to install Adobe Digital Editions on your device or computer. You may also need to create a free account with adobe.
• You cannot check out (download) digital materials from the library’s public access computers. You must use your own computer or mobile device.
• Be sure to look at the Device Resource Center to see which electronic formats the device you want to use will support. In general, audiobooks are downloadable to many devices; the devices to which you may download e-books are limited. Those limitations are imposed by the manufacturers, not by the library.