2015 Wells Branch Summer Reading Program
June 13th - August 8th
2015 Summer Reading Program: June 13th - August 8th
Reading programs for all ages with prizes and grand prize raffles!
Reading to another person, attending storytimes, listening to audiobooks, and reading comics and magazines all may be applied to your reading logs!
Programs for Youth: (parents choose which level is appropriate for their child)
- Picture Book Reading Log: Read 25 books to earn prizes and raffle tickets. Click here to print a picture book log.
- Chapter Book Reading Log: Read 500 pages to earn prizes and raffle tickets. Click here to print a chapter book log.
- Tween & Teen Book Reading Log: Read 500 pages to earn prizes and raffle tickets. Click here to print a tween & teen book log.
- Activity Logs: Complete fun educational activities to earn additional prizes and raffle entries!
- BINGO Logs for Teens: Complete a fun BINGO challenge to earn additional prizes and raffle entries!
- Book Reviews for Kids & Teens: Complete book reviews to earn additional prizes and raffle entries!
Program for Adults:
- Read 500 pages to enter Grand Prize drawing for a Kindle Paperwhite eReader: Click here to print an adult book log.
Special Summer Programs
Summer Programs for Tweens & Teens
Summer Storytimes & Kids Programs
Baby Bookworms Storytime: Mondays at 10:30am (0-18 mos) & 11:15am (12-24 mos)
- Interactive storytimes for
babies and toddlers who aren't quite ready for a traditional storytime.
We explore songs and stories, then have social play time.
Storytime & Craft: Tuesdays at 6:00pm & 7:00pm (all ages)
- A storytime followed by a simple craft activity for families with kids of all ages. Seating is limited, tickets are available at the kids desk starting at 5:30pm.
Toddler & Preschool Storytime: Fridays at 10:30am (18-36 mos) & 11:15am (3-6 yrs)
- Traditional storytimes, intended for toddlers and preschoolers who can sit quietly and listen to 2-3 picture books.
Saturday Storytime: Saturdays at 11:00am (all ages)
Kids Crafts & Other Programs:
SuperCrafts!: Mondays at 3:30pm
- Superhero themed craft activities for ages 5+. Seating is limited, tickets are available at the kids desk starting at 3:00pm.
- 6/15 Decorate a cape
6/22 Make a mask
6/29 Comic book cuffs
7/6 Skyscraper scene
7/13 Pipe Cleaner Ninjas
7/20 Superhero Bookmarks
7/27 Superhero Bracelets
8/3 Superhero Lollipops
Arts & Crafts: Wednesdays at 6:00pm
- Create one-of-a-kind artistic creations with Miss Dianne. Ages 8+ or with an adult. Seating is limited, tickets are available at the kids desk starting at 5:30pm.
- 6/17 Make a Father's Day card
6/24 Wine cork charms/pendants
7/1 Make parade flags for July 4th
7/8 Exploding paintings
7/15 Superhero standouts
7/22 3D coral reefs
7/29 Old time feather drawings
8/5 Make a Shark
LEGO Lab: Saturdays from 12:30-1:30pm (ages 5+)
- Free-play with LEGOs for kids ages 5 and up.
Read to Ella, the Reading Dog:
- Practice your reading skills with a reading therapy dog. Stop by the library kids desk to sign up for a one-on-one, 15-minute session.
Audiobook Sync YA:
- SYNC is a free summer audiobook program for young adults. Starting again May 7th 2015, SYNC will give away two complete audiobook downloads a week - a current young adult title along with a thematically paired classic or required summer reading title. Sign up for email or text alerts and be first to know when new titles are available to download at www.audiobooksync.com.